Shift Happens. And in Whistler, the new iShift Whistler2020 Take Action Challenge is leading the way by shifting behaviour and accelerating our resort community’s progress toward our shared vision of success and sustainability.
iShift Business is supporting Whistler businesses to develop, implement and monitor the results of an action plan for sustainability and ongoing business success. This is being done through a workshop series followed by one-on-one assistance from Whistler Centre for Sustainability staff.
Benefits to iShift Business Participants:
- Wider and more loyal customer base
- Reduced operational costs
- Higher employee satisfaction and productivity
- Easier staff recruitment and higher retention rates
- Improved reputation and brand lift
- Four Workshops: A series of four half-day workshops being held January 11, February 15, April 5 and May 31, 2011 (all Tuesdays). The workshops will run from 8am-12pm or from 1pm-5pm at the Whistler Conference Centre.
- Applied Learning: Guided application of the learning after each workshop
- Consulting Services: Either 8 or 16 hours of one-on-one assistance from Whistler Centre for Sustainability (WCS) staff to meet the needs of participants (assistance could include action planning, action implementation, monitoring, product research, analysis, etc).
- Networking Opportunities: Similar businesses will be grouped together for maximum learning and networking opportunities
- Tools & Resources: Participants will receive a web-based tool for tracking their performance and access to proven sustainability tools and resources
- Market development opportunities: For example, each business will have its own page on the Whistler2020 website with a company profile, photo, contact information and weblink; there will also be a media outreach program and potential print advertising options available.
- Exclusive Q&A sessions with business/sustainability experts
Our first event was held Thursday, November 18, 2010, and included SPUD! founder and past-CEO, David Van Seters, as well as Bob Willard, author and business/sustainability expert.
- Program fee: A modest consulting fee of $250 or $500 covers the all workshops and either 8 or 16 hours of assistance from WCS staff (valued at $800 – $1,600)
Registration is now closed for the current program, but please contact us if you are interested in future iShift Business offerings – we hope to be able to offer the program again!
Follow iShift Business news and events on Twitter: @whistlercentre
iShift BUSINESS is being lead by the Whistler Centre for Sustainability. iShift CITIZEN is being lead by the RMOW. Both are offered thanks to the generous financial support of the Government of Canada provided through the Department of the Environment.