From a marketers perspective, Whistler would appear to have it all; a year round product offering, quality infrastructure and natural resources and a world class reputation. Enough, you’d think for a thousand brochures. But what if Whistler had another resource? One as valuable as outdoor pursuits and as authentic as the mountains. One that can’t be seen, or touched but is evident and embedded throughout the community. A resource so rare and valuable, few organizations, let alone communities have been able to develop, and one for which their is growing demand, not just in Canada, but around the world.
That resource is Whistlers authentic and sustainable brand.
In this two hour session, John Harrington will explore the characteristics, potential value, and how all that is Whistler can be further developed and leveraged for the benefit of all stakeholders and the pursuit of sustainability itself.
Listen, learn, discuss…
- Understand the characteristics of a sustainable brand
- Assess Whistlers brand equity and how to manage and communnicate it
- Review ‘place’ brands from around the world
- Explore new opportunities to develop new offerings based on brand position
- Discuss the role of citizens, visitors, businesses, and the municipality in developing and leveraging Whistlers brand resource
- Explore the role of social media as a valuable tool to both engage and inform brand strategy
Join Sustainability expert John Harrington with RealEyes Sustainability from Dublin, Ireland for an informal presentation and dialogue on the value of a sustainability brand, and the opportunities to leverage that using social media. Everyone welcome.
When: Tuesday, August 16, 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Where: Whistler Public Library